Even though we are not sure when that will be. Here is how we are thinking.
1. looking at what other countries are doing (China has some great ideas)
2. Adding cute animal footprints 6 feet apart to the sidewalk that leads up to the door of the school.
3. Inside shoes that the children will put on before going in the classroom.
4. Rotating classroom times outside.
5. Making our curriculum more play oriented.
6. Assessing child development so we can catch any specific needs in children.
7. Getting teachers ready to work with children that may be traumatized and helping teachers see their own trauma.
8. Making a video to walk parents through the expectations and guidelines when the children come back.
Karen Castagna, Happy Childhood School, California
Kind Care are implementing these measures:
Sandra Joseph, Williamsburg Community Child Care Center, Iowa
Lutheran Services Florida will be following these guidelines:
1. Limited people in building
2. No more going out for lunch; bring lunch.
3. Parents will drop off instead of entering building.
4. Hand sanitizers will be used.
5. Retrain children the proper way of washing hands.
6. Sanitize Classrooms three times a day.
7. Down size capacity of classroom size.
8. Wear gloves and change them at least three times a day.
9. Smaller group size from 4 to 2 to a learning table. Check children and staff temp upon arrival every day.
10. Staff is not allowed to come to work if not feeling well. The New Normal
Laquita Edwards, Lutheran Services Florida
© Your Center Success